Justice Home

NSW Caretaker Convention in effect on this site from Friday 3 March 2023.

Test Mobile - Landing page

The court or tribunal that you attend will depend on the particular legal matter that you are in involved in.

The Children's Court at Parramatta.

Often you will receive notice about which court or tribunal you need to attend. For example, if you receive a Court Attendance Notice (CAN), it will include the court, location, date and time to attend.

Similarly, if you receive a summons to attend for jury service it will include the information about which court you need to attend and the time and date you need to get there.

If you are starting your own proceedings you will need to commence in the correct court or tribunal. This can be difficult to determine as there are many rules that will allow or prevent proceedings from being commenced in a particular court or tribunal.

Using an alternative dispute resolution service could also be a better option for your specific matter.

It is best to get before you file proceedings in a court or tribunal.